Eternals Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Beta Client Link
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 10:30 am by [GM]Connor

» OPEN BETA release date
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 9:04 am by [GM]Connor

» Server News & [DC Recovery]
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 12:00 pm by [GM]Connor

» Server
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 8:11 am by Brok3n

» hi ... ?
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively EmptyWed May 22, 2013 4:05 pm by SexyJo

» Beta registration
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively EmptyTue May 21, 2013 6:43 am by S2

» Offers for Donation Credits
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:34 pm by Merlin030512

» Development has begun in full force!
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:28 pm by Merlin030512

» Is Bso back?
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively EmptySat May 11, 2013 2:49 pm by Eiko ^^

» Is The Server Down Right Now Or Something???
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:48 pm by SpiritReaper

» the 72 hrs up?
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 2:33 pm by Swindler2001

» i found a posible new host GM
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:45 pm by Merlin030512

» Just wanted to say...
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:43 pm by Merlin030512

» FTP Server?
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:15 am by [GM]Connor

» Attention Players Major Annoucenment.
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:10 am by [Admin]Chris

» the server is down ?
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:54 am by monkeysman

» I Know A Good Compani For You GM Connor
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:59 am by SiĀ·Gemuk

» target map cannot be reach
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:28 pm by Swindler2001

» New host
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 6:32 pm by [GM]Connor

» Server down Still?
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 6:00 pm by Swindler2001

Poll
Statistics
We have 2858 registered users
The newest registered user is terrorofssk

Our users have posted a total of 23916 messages in 2924 subjects

Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively

3 posters

Go down

Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively Empty Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively

Post by ChibiLol Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:45 pm

Ok hello guys this is my first guide in COLORS and containing a lot of pictures so you can see if you don't know English very well.

Its sectioned in those sections:

[under Profile] Signature
[under Profile] Avatar
[under Profile] Friends of Foes
- Massages
- Using colors/bold/underline..
- Polls.
- Picture posting
- Forum health

1.) Search

Search is useful for quick finding topic/posts where u once saw something useful but you don't find it right now

Here you find search button
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively Search0

Than you simply write down key words and viola you will find topic and one of them is probably one u need

2.) Profile

Profile as many options so here are some that I find useful and do actually use them.

2.1) Signature

Signature is the thing you find below all your posts. Scroll down to the end of this post and you'll see mine if u still don't get it.

Here is a pic so you can see what to click on. When you see this just write down what you want. For effects look further.
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively Signaturexk

Also this box must be checked. You find it if you scroll down the whole forum site.
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively Signature2mk

2.2) Avatar

Avatar is the pic that is shown on the left side. You can put there anything you like.
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively Avatarpjd

2.3) Friends and Foes

Not so useful but you can add you friends in game on forum too.
Also you can mark someone as Foe. That will effect in the way that you will be asked if you want to view his posts or not.
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively Friendsfoes

3.) Massages

These are quite useful but ppl don't watch them yet or send them hehe

Here is how to send a massage
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively Massage

Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively Massage2

And that's how you read them
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively Massage3

4.) Editing text

This is probably the most interesting point of the guide. Here is your main panel for editing text.
I recommend turning editor mode on since that way u will automatically see colors, bold...
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively Editfa

Colors List:
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively Edit2o

To use colors, bold, underline and other effects simply click on them and if in editor mode you can just start writing. If you already wrote it click and drag your mouse over than click on icon.

5.) Polls

You can make those by scrolling all the way down.
This is how it looks
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively Pollh

*Line break is "Enter"

6.) How to post pictures

Well I already showed where pictures can be posted now just to explain how to do it.
There are few different ways but I personally use this one.

You need to have picture saved on your computer, than go to website called ImageShack and press browse.
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively How2pictures

A screen will pop up where u need to locate your pic and press ok. If u have more than 1 pic upload 1 by 1 so it will be showed on forum.

Than just press the big blue UPLOAD NOW button.

When you upload it, it should look like this. Now all you need to do is copy this link to where you want your pic posted.
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively How2postpictures3

7.) Forum health

Always edit your posts instead of double posting
Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively Spamprevent

Try to avoid saying swear words like (fu*k, newb, n00b, fa*, ga*...) if you do not know all the facts.
My advice: Don't say them at all ^^

Do not use caps unless you want to point something out.
That can be best achieved by making it all caps bright color bigger size

Don't go writing headless. Think things through than write about them.

Always preview and read through your post so you see if there are any mistakes, missing points not working pic etc.

Last edited by ChibiLol on Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:44 pm; edited 5 times in total

ChibiLol
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively Empty Re: Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively

Post by rathaloz Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:12 pm

Correction it's message, not massage. overall two thumbs up. Very Happy

rathaloz
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively Empty Re: Reuploaded: How to use forum effectively

Post by Serge... Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:22 am

XD

For some strange reason this post made me smile. XD

Nice one. Razz
Serge...
Serge...
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ChibiLol Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:37 pm

Serge... wrote:XD

For some strange reason this post made me smile. XD

Nice one. Razz

Yeah it might start as the "How to register guide", but it is almost fully complete [I'll finish it off when holidays start next week]

BTW please tell me if I missed anything out so I can fit it in.

ChibiLol
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down