Eternals Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Beta Client Link
Capture the flag map revamp. EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 10:30 am by [GM]Connor

» OPEN BETA release date
Capture the flag map revamp. EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 9:04 am by [GM]Connor

» Server News & [DC Recovery]
Capture the flag map revamp. EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 12:00 pm by [GM]Connor

» Server
Capture the flag map revamp. EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 8:11 am by Brok3n

» hi ... ?
Capture the flag map revamp. EmptyWed May 22, 2013 4:05 pm by SexyJo

» Beta registration
Capture the flag map revamp. EmptyTue May 21, 2013 6:43 am by S2

» Offers for Donation Credits
Capture the flag map revamp. EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:34 pm by Merlin030512

» Development has begun in full force!
Capture the flag map revamp. EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:28 pm by Merlin030512

» Is Bso back?
Capture the flag map revamp. EmptySat May 11, 2013 2:49 pm by Eiko ^^

» Is The Server Down Right Now Or Something???
Capture the flag map revamp. EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:48 pm by SpiritReaper

» the 72 hrs up?
Capture the flag map revamp. EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 2:33 pm by Swindler2001

» i found a posible new host GM
Capture the flag map revamp. EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:45 pm by Merlin030512

» Just wanted to say...
Capture the flag map revamp. EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:43 pm by Merlin030512

» FTP Server?
Capture the flag map revamp. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:15 am by [GM]Connor

» Attention Players Major Annoucenment.
Capture the flag map revamp. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:10 am by [Admin]Chris

» the server is down ?
Capture the flag map revamp. EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:54 am by monkeysman

» I Know A Good Compani For You GM Connor
Capture the flag map revamp. EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:59 am by SiĀ·Gemuk

» target map cannot be reach
Capture the flag map revamp. EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:28 pm by Swindler2001

» New host
Capture the flag map revamp. EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 6:32 pm by [GM]Connor

» Server down Still?
Capture the flag map revamp. EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 6:00 pm by Swindler2001

Poll
Statistics
We have 2858 registered users
The newest registered user is terrorofssk

Our users have posted a total of 23916 messages in 2924 subjects

Capture the flag map revamp.

+7
MLee
[GM]Connor
xJirax
BowMan1
Caged
Brok3n
xMayy
11 posters

Go down

Capture the flag map revamp. Empty Capture the flag map revamp.

Post by xMayy Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:57 am

Okay so i tossed in the idea in the last event suggestions thread about Capture the flag.

RiotVan and myself talked about this idea for a short amount of time in the thread it self, passed idea's between each other.

So now i'd like to bring the idea back to attention, support the idea if you like it and explain why you support it or dislike it.
You can add ideas your self if you like.

Lets get this map into action.

Recap from the original thread.

xMayy wrote:
Capture the flag-
kind of like Azreal guardian, but a bigger map[ sacred garden maybe?], an item that emits a glow around them when picked up( kind of like Anubis stun glow) first side that brings back the flag to their own teams flag zone 10 or 20 times wins.

RiotVan wrote:
I got some suggestion for this capture the flag idea, idk if theyre good, but i'll throw them in. cheers

1st. Make the flag disable the holder from using a stealth skill. Because it would be unfair to grab the flag and run on stealth.

2nd. Make the flag reduce its holder's defense as he moves farther from the enemy's flag original spot, obviously not by too much but enough to make the holder try to go with his team, and actually make it more fun to play it.

3rd. When the holder of the flag dies, it will instantly go into the killer's inventory, so that he has to run back to base, and put it back on its place.

4th. Make the flag give its holder an aura that will make it obvious, who is the one holding the flag, something that will make u think ur being targetted because of the aura, and the decreasing def, and will make u go into ur team or run like theres no tomorrow.

5th. I got no clue how the points or stuff could be counted but i suggest to give points in 2 occasions: 1st: You successfully steal the enemy's flag, and place it on your own base. 2nd: When you succesfully kill the enemy whose trying to steal your flag, and succesfully get it back into its original spot

For example # = the player A/B = team
7B takes A's flag and gets killed by 2A, since 2A killed 7B, 2A is now the holder of A's flag, 2A is running to put the flag back on its original base, when 8B killed 2A and therefore, 8B has now A's flag, and in need of running back to his own base.

So thats my suggestion for this idea.

xMayy wrote:

1- I didn't go in to too much detail, but yes I was thinking similar idea's.
Let them play stealth but the flag shows on the mini map still, it is fair, and if people are blind to see it the that is their fault… Therefore all classes are able to use all their class skills.

2- Correct, i didn't think about lowering the def, or else all champs would be runners.

3- Yeah, just like death match or chaos circle. the killer of the A gets the flag instantly, to be returned to B teams base.

4- That is why i said the stun from Anubis, it is tall wide and red, can never miss it. But a blue and red? or green and red for team A/B

5- Hmm, that does sound like a good idea for 1 of 2 point systems. I was just going with, A takes B's flag and returns to A base.

If possible we both could discuss this with the gm's for a whole new game type map, if they like the depth of the idea.

These are just rough ideas, i'd like to see a more polished version, but what do you guys think?
xMayy
xMayy
BSO Fan

https://www.facebook.com/EliseShatter

Back to top Go down

Capture the flag map revamp. Empty Re: Capture the flag map revamp.

Post by Brok3n Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:09 am

This is a fun idea Razz
Requires a lot of team effort so the GMs would want to implement a chat or maybe a bigger party system somehow for every team.
It's going to be a lot of work for the GMs but I think it would be a great feature to include that's unique to just this server. It's a going to be A LOT of work for the GMs lol. They would have to develop the flag, the map, the symbol above one's head as they have the flag, a point calculating system, the chat system, etc.

If this idea is to be considered, which I think it should, it would take a lot of time, based on recent maps from the GM Team, UNLESS... they already have it in development, in their top secret lab Surprised
Brok3n
Brok3n
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Caged Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:27 am

Supported it last time and will again. The more maps the better.

Caged
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by BowMan1 Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:11 am

support
BowMan1
BowMan1
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brok3n Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:51 am

I won't be suprised if they put this on their to-do list but it's getting really lengthy Razz
Brok3n
Brok3n
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by xJirax Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:00 pm

support

xJirax
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by [GM]Connor Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:00 pm

We will leave the thread open so players can add their contributions to the idea

We will work on the map once our work load is reduced. Suggestions to what map would suit this feature is also welcome
[GM]Connor
[GM]Connor
~GM~

https://bsopko.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xMayy Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:30 pm

@Connor, i first suggested the map used for guild war.
It's large, there is sea and land. My only problem towards this map would be portal camping with high end sea voys.
However i would not like a land on land, there isn't enough pk in the ocean anymore.
xMayy
xMayy
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by xMayy Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:34 pm

Anyway to get power to edit this topic so i can edit and update the first post, leaving it clean and sorted?
xMayy
xMayy
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MLee Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:31 pm

Before I begin, I will not omit suggestions because of technical issues. Whether it seems impossible for GM to configure or not, let's just find suggestions first and let the GM's work around the technical stuff afterwards.

And yea like Ashley said, there's a lot of technical issues. But I think probably the most important would be to implement the chat system correctly because I think it'll require a lot of team work.. Kinda like the camp chat in SW (except I know it's not working properly atm)

1 - I'm thinking you guys are picturing the map to be similar to SW style? Two teams on opposite sides of the map with 2-3 different spawn points on each side?

2 - I think once the flag holder dies, the killer shouldn't get the flag. I think it should return randomly to any of 5 set flag spawn points in middle of the map for players to capture again.

3 - After a team successfully brings back the flag to their base, perhaps all players will immediately be teleported back to their respective base so every round can have an equal start?

4 - Also SS and/or players with high MS will have a very big advantage at the start of rounds. Maybe can add the towers that are in SW that slow you down in the middle of the map near the flag spawn points?

I'll add more suggestions later.. too much to think about at once haha

MLee
Active Player

Back to top Go down

Post by [GM]Connor Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:12 pm

Rewards Points can be awarded to the winning side IF, the map ends up being balanced and fair. Other rewards could include gold for participation, and Honor points per kill.
[GM]Connor
[GM]Connor
~GM~

https://bsopko.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RiotVan Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:53 pm

MLee wrote:Before I begin, I will not omit suggestions because of technical issues. Whether it seems impossible for GM to configure or not, let's just find suggestions first and let the GM's work around the technical stuff afterwards.

And yea like Ashley said, there's a lot of technical issues. But I think probably the most important would be to implement the chat system correctly because I think it'll require a lot of team work.. Kinda like the camp chat in SW (except I know it's not working properly atm)

1 - I'm thinking you guys are picturing the map to be similar to SW style? Two teams on opposite sides of the map with 2-3 different spawn points on each side?

2 - I think once the flag holder dies, the killer shouldn't get the flag. I think it should return randomly to any of 5 set flag spawn points in middle of the map for players to capture again.

3 - After a team successfully brings back the flag to their base, perhaps all players will immediately be teleported back to their respective base so every round can have an equal start?

4 - Also SS and/or players with high MS will have a very big advantage at the start of rounds. Maybe can add the towers that are in SW that slow you down in the middle of the map near the flag spawn points?

I'll add more suggestions later.. too much to think about at once haha

1. 2 spawn sides, 1 to the left of the flag, one to the right of the flag/. I dont like the spawn of SW thats right on the statue, someone can use magma and done.
2.I think the killer should get the flag, cause its a flag for each team, so theres gonna be 1 flag on each base. So its not like Theres gonna be a flag in the middle of the map so that that thefaster runner can just sprint take it and sprint back, and wins easy.
3. Nah I dont think its a good idea, it will bring bugs and stuff. better keep away this idea. just teleport back the flag to the respective base.
4. NOOOO, what if a crussader tries to get the flag.... the crus would be completely slowed down, theyre not as fast as ss.\\

I will post my ideas. now.
RiotVan
RiotVan
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by RiotVan Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:22 pm

1st. Make the flag disable the holder from using a stealth skill. Because it would be unfair to grab the flag and run on stealth. (I dont think its possible to make an minimap icon for the flag holder on the map, so I think better disable the holder from using stealth.)

2nd. Make the flag reduce its holder's defense as he moves farther from the enemy's flag original spot, obviously not by too much but enough to make the holder try to go with his team, and actually make it more fun to play it. Also because if not, Champs would grab it and it would just be matter of time, for them to win.

3rd. When the holder of the flag dies, it will instantly go into the killer's inventory, so that he has to run back to base, and put it back on its place.

4th. Make the flag give its holder an aura that will make it obvious, who is the one holding the flag, something that will make u think ur being targetted because of the aura, and the decreasing def, and will make u go into ur team or run like theres no tomorrow. This would increase teamwork

5th. I got no clue how the points or stuff could be counted but i suggest to give points in 2 occasions: 1st: You successfully steal the enemy's flag, and place it on your own base. 2nd: When you succesfully kill the enemy whose trying to steal your flag, and succesfully get it back into its original spot so that no one takes the risks of running in and take the flag alone, so that teamwork is even more needed in this map.

For example # = the player A/B = team
7B takes A's flag and gets killed by 2A, since 2A killed 7B, 2A is now the holder of A's flag, 2A is running to put the flag back on its original base, when 8B killed 2A and therefore, 8B has now A's flag, and in need of running back to his own base.

I got some more ideas, of course I need to work on them some more, make them more... idk, solid.
Capture the flag map revamp. 33en5vm

This is map of choice, just for the whole reason that There are no guildwars anymore. and not only that, but that if we make this AN SW map too, wouldnt it be a lil boring, same maps over and over again?
RiotVan
RiotVan
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:46 am

im 100% sure this will be implemented after 3 year hahahaha
Bato
Bato
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Caged Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:01 am

@ Riot Love it man. Only thing I could suggest though is have a flag on each side? It would make a offense and defense game. Lets say your team took there flag then you ran back to your base. If your flag is there then you score. If the other team has your flag you must hold the flag until your team returns the flag home. Makes for a more fast paced type game and alot more strategic as who defends and who are the runners.

@ Bato I am sure Eli didn't make this thread for bashing but for ideas on CTF.

Caged
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by RiotVan Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:29 am

@Cage, look closer xd its a offense and defense, i meant to say that the pink color was where the flags of the blue or green team were to be placed.

And idk, ur 2nd idea, i dont think its possible to do ingame. But it would make a long game cause u can hide at granary, and no one will find u, or uknow, just its supposed to be fun game
RiotVan
RiotVan
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by RiotVan Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:30 am

I mean that if it takes too long, people will leave, and it would be endless v.v
RiotVan
RiotVan
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by RiotVan Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:12 am

scratch Bump~~~~ Put some ideas people
RiotVan
RiotVan
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by rikudo Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:19 am

You can make the game elimination so when you die 10 dies you are out ...........
rikudo
rikudo
Active Player

Back to top Go down

Post by rikudo Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:19 am

times*
rikudo
rikudo
Active Player

Back to top Go down

Post by RiotVan Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:54 am

Bump~~~~~
RiotVan
RiotVan
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Eiko ^^ Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:01 am

Riot u need to wait, it's not that u will ask and taaadaaaa done! =)
GMs are busy.. With that weird Arch Demon maze o.o[/b]
Eiko ^^
Eiko ^^
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by RiotVan Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:21 am

I'm asking for more ideas Razz not for gm's to check silly
RiotVan
RiotVan
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Eiko ^^ Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:01 pm

Haha okay hun xp
Sorry can't help u, im too silly to have ideas about something like that =P
Eiko ^^
Eiko ^^
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum