Eternals Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Beta Client Link
Not really a Request, but more of a suggestion on helping newbies EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 10:30 am by [GM]Connor

» OPEN BETA release date
Not really a Request, but more of a suggestion on helping newbies EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 9:04 am by [GM]Connor

» Server News & [DC Recovery]
Not really a Request, but more of a suggestion on helping newbies EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 12:00 pm by [GM]Connor

» Server
Not really a Request, but more of a suggestion on helping newbies EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 8:11 am by Brok3n

» hi ... ?
Not really a Request, but more of a suggestion on helping newbies EmptyWed May 22, 2013 4:05 pm by SexyJo

» Beta registration
Not really a Request, but more of a suggestion on helping newbies EmptyTue May 21, 2013 6:43 am by S2

» Offers for Donation Credits
Not really a Request, but more of a suggestion on helping newbies EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:34 pm by Merlin030512

» Development has begun in full force!
Not really a Request, but more of a suggestion on helping newbies EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:28 pm by Merlin030512

» Is Bso back?
Not really a Request, but more of a suggestion on helping newbies EmptySat May 11, 2013 2:49 pm by Eiko ^^

» Is The Server Down Right Now Or Something???
Not really a Request, but more of a suggestion on helping newbies EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:48 pm by SpiritReaper

» the 72 hrs up?
Not really a Request, but more of a suggestion on helping newbies EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 2:33 pm by Swindler2001

» i found a posible new host GM
Not really a Request, but more of a suggestion on helping newbies EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:45 pm by Merlin030512

» Just wanted to say...
Not really a Request, but more of a suggestion on helping newbies EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:43 pm by Merlin030512

» FTP Server?
Not really a Request, but more of a suggestion on helping newbies EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:15 am by [GM]Connor

» Attention Players Major Annoucenment.
Not really a Request, but more of a suggestion on helping newbies EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:10 am by [Admin]Chris

» the server is down ?
Not really a Request, but more of a suggestion on helping newbies EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:54 am by monkeysman

» I Know A Good Compani For You GM Connor
Not really a Request, but more of a suggestion on helping newbies EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:59 am by SiĀ·Gemuk

» target map cannot be reach
Not really a Request, but more of a suggestion on helping newbies EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:28 pm by Swindler2001

» New host
Not really a Request, but more of a suggestion on helping newbies EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 6:32 pm by [GM]Connor

» Server down Still?
Not really a Request, but more of a suggestion on helping newbies EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 6:00 pm by Swindler2001

Poll
Statistics
We have 2858 registered users
The newest registered user is terrorofssk

Our users have posted a total of 23916 messages in 2924 subjects

Not really a Request, but more of a suggestion on helping newbies

4 posters

Go down

Not really a Request, but more of a suggestion on helping newbies Empty Not really a Request, but more of a suggestion on helping newbies

Post by ChibiLol Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:46 pm

Ok hello everyone.

I've got an idea about how to "help newbies"

As this server newbies rely mostly on phrases "Can you lvl me pls", "Can you be my mentor" and "Can you help me"

There is nothing wrong, but if u don't have time to help or you're not strong/rich enough to lvl them you're automatically mother*, son of a * and some of that stuff ^^

So I would suggest a system that you would make new kind of amps.

They would be given from newbie chest and would multiply xp by 10x.
But there is also a catch.
- You would get xp bonus only from killing normal mobs solo.
- If partying or killing bags exp bonus would not be recived.
- The amps would not be tradable.
- You would also only be able to use them if your level is 74 or lower.
- Each newbie would get 3-5 amps.

This way shaitan would also be a bit less crowded with bags.

And it's much more fun leveling on the old fashion way since u get kinda hang of the game and it's not the BOOM your lvl 80+ now go do something.

Eventually this would not ruing mentor system since you get rep from your disc by just being online.

I understand that some ppl wouldn't like "grinding" and just go ask to be leveled by sang bags.

But it feels so much better when you accomplish something just by yourself and than can proudly say I DID THAT Smile

ChibiLol
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Not really a Request, but more of a suggestion on helping newbies Empty Re: Not really a Request, but more of a suggestion on helping newbies

Post by [GM]Connor Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:01 pm

I UNDERSTAND U SAID
BUT REP FARMERS WILL ABUSE IT
IF THERES A X10 EXP AMP

IT CAN GET PPL TO 100 IN A DAY
[GM]Connor
[GM]Connor
~GM~

https://bsopko.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Not really a Request, but more of a suggestion on helping newbies Empty Re: Not really a Request, but more of a suggestion on helping newbies

Post by ChibiLol Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:29 pm

well x10 was maybe overated so *hint*you could make it a little lower*hint*

But still there is NO possible way of how to make a newbie friendly level up system that would not get abused

If making some changes to this suggestion it would take EPIC amounts of time to abuse this system since you can only level 1 disciple per time. And if it took 20 mins for everything (trading amps, making pt, making disciples...) to level up alts to lv xx with bags it would take I guess 1h at least to level up 1 disc to same level

And trust me I know about that I level a cleric with quite nice staff, 51mjr and full unfused Kylin set (it was tradable at the time of test). It took me over 5h to get to 66 but I refused to use amps.

So like maybe give normal amp to newbie chest and 2x hi amp to 45 one...

If you wish I can do some tests to level solo with diffrend classes from level of newbie, since as far as I saw ppl dont really enjoy islands you created.

And at last my final wish: Please add Magneta Chests (not sure how its spelled, gives lv70 normal weapon) to a NPC for money. Would also help newbies to get decent EQ early in the game

ChibiLol
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by [GM]Connor Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:57 am

I think you should made a character and try leveling yourself in the sandbag isle
newbies have a damage multiplier now at certain levels so they can kill bags easily and the bags dont attack back.

I tested it myself with a complete new character , no mentor .
[GM]Connor
[GM]Connor
~GM~

Back to top Go down

Post by ChibiLol Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:19 am

ok i tested it myself both as newbie and plvler and here are my observations

Newbie:
- it is very easy to level up to 45 than it gets a bit harder but still possible to level up fast
- the idea of adding a 45 unseal to chest is very good
- I tried to go to FC but as always all I found were empty lanes

Leveler (voyager/SM/Cleric/SS)
- on voy it went smoothly but was a problem on corals since you need to attack every mob specificly
- SM was easier since bolt deals single target damage and has higher output than ray/tbolt
- Cleric even easier than SM
- SS perfect since high aspd and atk bags were falling like flies

CONCLUSION:
- I was called Noob because I refused to give money for death EQ and level up to level 90+

Proof (pic was censored to prevent any flaming or banning of accounts)
[img]Not really a Request, but more of a suggestion on helping newbies Editrd [/img]

ChibiLol
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Frezz Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:40 pm

I can tell just this: When new player comes to this server, he leveling up till lv~75 by his self easy, than he have to lvl up more and he make damage to sandbags `~400 while other players making ~3k damage and lvl disciples to get reputation and most of they're disciples made by same ppl which one uses X clients...
Newbies 0:1 Strong ppl

Frezz

Back to top Go down

Post by [GM]Connor Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:29 pm

This could be a bizzare idea
but how about allowing people to change mentor at any level so those rep farmers might actually help real players ?
[GM]Connor
[GM]Connor
~GM~

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:36 pm

Admin wrote:This could be a bizzare idea
but how about allowing people to change mentor at any level so those rep farmers might actually help real players ?

thats an even better idea, no one wants to lvl a player of lvl 75 when there not mentor, ADMIN thats the best idea you have had in weeks Very Happy

Seppuku
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum