Eternals Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Beta Client Link
[Suggestion] Steam-style account management ;) EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 10:30 am by [GM]Connor

» OPEN BETA release date
[Suggestion] Steam-style account management ;) EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 9:04 am by [GM]Connor

» Server News & [DC Recovery]
[Suggestion] Steam-style account management ;) EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 12:00 pm by [GM]Connor

» Server
[Suggestion] Steam-style account management ;) EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 8:11 am by Brok3n

» hi ... ?
[Suggestion] Steam-style account management ;) EmptyWed May 22, 2013 4:05 pm by SexyJo

» Beta registration
[Suggestion] Steam-style account management ;) EmptyTue May 21, 2013 6:43 am by S2

» Offers for Donation Credits
[Suggestion] Steam-style account management ;) EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:34 pm by Merlin030512

» Development has begun in full force!
[Suggestion] Steam-style account management ;) EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:28 pm by Merlin030512

» Is Bso back?
[Suggestion] Steam-style account management ;) EmptySat May 11, 2013 2:49 pm by Eiko ^^

» Is The Server Down Right Now Or Something???
[Suggestion] Steam-style account management ;) EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:48 pm by SpiritReaper

» the 72 hrs up?
[Suggestion] Steam-style account management ;) EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 2:33 pm by Swindler2001

» i found a posible new host GM
[Suggestion] Steam-style account management ;) EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:45 pm by Merlin030512

» Just wanted to say...
[Suggestion] Steam-style account management ;) EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:43 pm by Merlin030512

» FTP Server?
[Suggestion] Steam-style account management ;) EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:15 am by [GM]Connor

» Attention Players Major Annoucenment.
[Suggestion] Steam-style account management ;) EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:10 am by [Admin]Chris

» the server is down ?
[Suggestion] Steam-style account management ;) EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:54 am by monkeysman

» I Know A Good Compani For You GM Connor
[Suggestion] Steam-style account management ;) EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:59 am by SiĀ·Gemuk

» target map cannot be reach
[Suggestion] Steam-style account management ;) EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:28 pm by Swindler2001

» New host
[Suggestion] Steam-style account management ;) EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 6:32 pm by [GM]Connor

» Server down Still?
[Suggestion] Steam-style account management ;) EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 6:00 pm by Swindler2001

Poll
Statistics
We have 2858 registered users
The newest registered user is terrorofssk

Our users have posted a total of 23916 messages in 2924 subjects

[Suggestion] Steam-style account management ;)

5 posters

Go down

[Suggestion] Steam-style account management ;) Empty [Suggestion] Steam-style account management ;)

Post by Brok3n Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:54 am

Hi, I don't know if the GMs have tried using Steam before, but they have something equivalent to A-sec. The main difference is, you get to clear your OWN account Wink

For example, they record what IP and computer you are logging from and if it is different to the IP/place you logged in from last time, they'll automatically e-mail a verification code to a nominated e-mail address. The page you were logging in from then automatically redirects to a page which asks you to enter the verification code in that e-mail they just sent you. You enter the code and tada, you're in your own account without e-mailing Steam Support about your account being blocked.

This is harder to implement into the client, but there's no need to implement it into the client itself o.o
The way I see this can work is this:

Step 1: Bob logs in from a foreign location/IP and his char gets locked.
Step 2: A-Sec system automatically sends this log (which includes the location and IP address of the supposed 'intruder') to Bob's e-mail, with a link, which when clicked, will allow the IP/location to log into the character.
Step 3: Bob clicks the link, which goes to a page which says "Your char has been unlocked at [location],[IP]. You may now log in! :3"
Step 4: Bob relogs and his char is now unlocked! YAY! \(^^)/

Feedback pls thanks o.o
Brok3n
Brok3n
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

[Suggestion] Steam-style account management ;) Empty Re: [Suggestion] Steam-style account management ;)

Post by SpiritReaper Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:18 am

its same as Guild Wars 2. I would very much like it to work that way or players to have greater responsibility over there own accounts.

SpiritReaper
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

[Suggestion] Steam-style account management ;) Empty Re: [Suggestion] Steam-style account management ;)

Post by Honest Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:01 am

Yes i like the idea and its new just like guild wars 2 much better than A security
Honest
Honest
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by [GM]Connor Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:51 pm

This idea will require a lot of thought, work and technical expertise in order to get a satisfactory result.

There are still many issues in this method that will result in abuse. If a person sells an account, they can easily do so by giving away the email account aswell.

The client will have to undergo a major update and all players, not only legends will have to be monitored by this new system.

Cheers on the good idea, keep the discussion open and feel free to contribute more ideas and suggestions.
[GM]Connor
[GM]Connor
~GM~

https://bsopko.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrad Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:57 pm

For some reason, I like all of Ashley's posts. +1 for Steam-style account
Comrad
Comrad
Active Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Brok3n Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:58 am

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'll try to think of something easier to implement Mad And thanks for the compliment Comrad Razz
Brok3n
Brok3n
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiritReaper Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:47 am

I would love it if we could just use mac addresses But they are so easy to abuse. Some of us Dont have the luxury of more then 1 ISP in certain dead spot areas. Telstra wireless was my only choice due to work restrictions.

SpiritReaper
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum