Eternals Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Beta Client Link
[Renegade] The End, Question Mark EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 10:30 am by [GM]Connor

» OPEN BETA release date
[Renegade] The End, Question Mark EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 9:04 am by [GM]Connor

» Server News & [DC Recovery]
[Renegade] The End, Question Mark EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 12:00 pm by [GM]Connor

» Server
[Renegade] The End, Question Mark EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 8:11 am by Brok3n

» hi ... ?
[Renegade] The End, Question Mark EmptyWed May 22, 2013 4:05 pm by SexyJo

» Beta registration
[Renegade] The End, Question Mark EmptyTue May 21, 2013 6:43 am by S2

» Offers for Donation Credits
[Renegade] The End, Question Mark EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:34 pm by Merlin030512

» Development has begun in full force!
[Renegade] The End, Question Mark EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:28 pm by Merlin030512

» Is Bso back?
[Renegade] The End, Question Mark EmptySat May 11, 2013 2:49 pm by Eiko ^^

» Is The Server Down Right Now Or Something???
[Renegade] The End, Question Mark EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:48 pm by SpiritReaper

» the 72 hrs up?
[Renegade] The End, Question Mark EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 2:33 pm by Swindler2001

» i found a posible new host GM
[Renegade] The End, Question Mark EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:45 pm by Merlin030512

» Just wanted to say...
[Renegade] The End, Question Mark EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:43 pm by Merlin030512

» FTP Server?
[Renegade] The End, Question Mark EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:15 am by [GM]Connor

» Attention Players Major Annoucenment.
[Renegade] The End, Question Mark EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:10 am by [Admin]Chris

» the server is down ?
[Renegade] The End, Question Mark EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:54 am by monkeysman

» I Know A Good Compani For You GM Connor
[Renegade] The End, Question Mark EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:59 am by SiĀ·Gemuk

» target map cannot be reach
[Renegade] The End, Question Mark EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:28 pm by Swindler2001

» New host
[Renegade] The End, Question Mark EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 6:32 pm by [GM]Connor

» Server down Still?
[Renegade] The End, Question Mark EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 6:00 pm by Swindler2001

Poll
Statistics
We have 2858 registered users
The newest registered user is terrorofssk

Our users have posted a total of 23916 messages in 2924 subjects

[Renegade] The End, Question Mark

4 posters

Go down

[Renegade] The End, Question Mark Empty [Renegade] The End, Question Mark

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:34 am

Hello,
Today, my topic is whether or not Renegade is a redundant entity. I know people who don't understand the guild will say "YESSSSSSSSS YESSSSSSSS YESSSSSSSSSS". For this discussion I beg you not to post a comment. This post isn't for random newbies to comment on although you are free to. Below I listed the reasons for and against the dissolution of Renegade.

Arguements For:

• Renegade's purpose is pure but it's methods usually do not translate into desirable outcomes with the other guilds.

• The varying character between the Renegade members make it very hard to direct their actions to be towards the goal.
    Many people who apply have no idea what they're applying for and the lack of people that read the forum or actually have the English skills to read it probably contributed to this.

• Guilds grow naturally, and newbies select the guilds they're applying for according to their quality and how well they treat their members. It's almost like natural selection and it leads to a natural balance between crappy quality guilds and guilds of awesome quality. However, there is a lack of organized guilds altogether, so the purpose of Renegade is diminished. Most guilds in the server are just a group of random people who don't stand for anything and just want to 'have fun', which is completely fine. This is a game after all but I guess without those people who want to advance the server, this server will die out rather quickly. The inactivity of GMs recently does not help this fact either.

• Renegade is trying to maintain big guilds but there is a lack of big guilds and the RoE and Assignment System will not work. The Assignment System assumes that each member abides by the RoE but in reality this is not so much enforced. Most of the members on my guild usually have past guild affiliations and this makes it hard for them to pk a certain guild cause they have 'friends' in it. Renegade as of now is not a united front and probably never will be because it's members are very seperated on opinoins of guilds. For example, Blaine is against pking Eternals and Prominence. I think S2 has a bond with Eternals. I tried to assign these two to other guilds other than Eternals and Promi but it won't work because Prominence is quite big and Eternals, although quite dead, still has dangerous members. The only person in Renegade with no problems pking any guild is Promil. One of the first things he told me is "I have friends in all the guilds but I have no problems killing them. I actually kill the guild more if I have friends in it xD." which is the type of member I initially assumed I would get. This is an example of the human element that I disregarded when drafting the guild.

• Most of the people in the server don't speak basic English, meaning to them, Renegade is just another guild which pk's people and has alliances. More times than I can count, people kept asking me, I thought "Renegade was ally?" or something similar to that. To answer that question, we would have to get into the Assignment System and the RoE but obviously most of them never had to read the forum and it's surprising how many pros don't have a forum account.

• Timezone differences makes it even harder to assign members to guilds. Some guilds become ridiculously active at certain times and that's when an assigned member sleeps. It's a problem to allocate someone else to the guild because most of them have preference to not kill the members of that guild. If I assigned them to the guild, they wouldn't pk them which would break the Assignment entirely. The human element wrecks the system.

Arguements Against:

• Renegade was made a few days ago and all the work I put into it would be wasted in a few days.
  • Eiko would win. I don't want Eiko to win. >.<
  • Ashley will be bored cause there will be no more excuses to make really long posts.
  • Some members of Renegade love the system, although I am yet to know these people. Smile
  • So many legends would be left adrift after the dissolution of Renegade.
  • I would have to make a new guild and waste another 500m.
  • Members of Renegade have been through so much together. Sad I even got to be friends with the untalkative S2 :\
  • I really don't have that many arguements against dissolving the guild other than the effort it took to writing all those posts and making everyone on the server try and understand them (newbies and dummies like Swiftblade especially). I'll probably make guides on the server I guess.

If anyone could add reasons for and against and members of Renegade to post their vote, it would be appreciated! Thanks.

Current Votes:
Ashley - Disband. Make a new guild probably just solo but it will be exclusive.
Ryzl - Against disbanding. Against current policies but Renegade can still be a normal guild!
S2 - No opinion. :3
Fin - No opinion.
Promil - Don't disband. Stop assignment and RoE
Josu - No opinion like S2 :3
Moo - Don't disband. I don't care what type of guild. Just keep the guild.
Blaine - Too serious. I am against disbanding though.
RenRen - That's me ^_^

Last edited by Ashley on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:08 pm; edited 6 times in total

Back to top Go down

[Renegade] The End, Question Mark Empty Re: [Renegade] The End, Question Mark

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:46 am

bump

Back to top Go down

Post by Swift Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:59 am

disband ? o.o
Swift
Swift
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by reborn Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:05 am

dont disband ash..
reborn
reborn
Active Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:30 am

Why not? Everyone thinks our guild is an enemy and if the whole server rejects the guild that tries to keep it alive then what's the point? xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Swift Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:54 am

try to make ur guild more lively..o.o..i mean have fun tho :3 dun be too serious Very Happy just be like any other guild ._. if u think other guild is ally, keep it that way..if u think they enemy, just pk then >.> anyway, have fun :3
Swift
Swift
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by PACAPLOG Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:43 am

don't let this happen ashley don't let it all go to waste. after all the hardships and efforts you've allotted to make the previous posts you've done and the construction of the fine plans you've furnished will you just let it all down the drain? you've accomplished many, and these are only small hardships you have to encounter in building a prominent guild like renegade.

my personal opinion regarding this matter is that, keep the faith in all your guild mates and your future endeavors together. building a relationship doesn't necessarily mean it wont take time. in due time you will have those players you've always wanted to take part of that plans and success you've in-visioned.

NEVER GIVE UP!!! NEVER BACK DOWN!!!

PACAPLOG
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:30 am

*Updated opinions*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:40 am

"Guilds grow naturally, and newbies select the guilds they're applying for according to their quality and how well they treat their members."

scouting plays a part of it.

when i first started on this server, i could have ended up with 69 rather than eternals if 69 reached to me first.

eternals were more active at that point in time and eternals members got the hold of me so i ended up joining them.

server awareness.

ofc, newbies wont be aware of the guild politics.

but once theyve gotten familiarized with the server, they'd realize who the top dogs are or what and when they would lose(i.e time zone differences).

Racial/cultural awareness.

people of the same race tend to join one another. i didnt paid much attention to it but when i was still in game ive noticed that majority of the players are...

hispanic.
filipino.
europeans.
some americans.

then the only 3-4 aussies are like heavy mallers lol.

Devious.
SpiritReaper.
Ashley.
Elli(who's in oregon now)

i forgot where i was getting at here...

oh yeah.

thats how the guild selection normally happens.

and ofc, each point can affect the other points.

as of now, i told you what my best solution is already on a different post. majority of your members are former eternals members or friendlies and allies.

prominence were mainly friendly towards eternals back then and majority of their friends are in it and still has loyalty to it.

you cannot expect the current or former legends and demis to pk their former guilds.

(S2 is really chatty btw, you just need to get to know her xD out of the top 3 SS i was probably the only chatty one that gets along with everyone, castiel rarely talks and so does S2)

if you really want to fix the PK, current legends shouldn't get involved at all with the PK not unless enemy legends are involved and the legends should only harm other legends.

cause with the legends ranking(i made a legend ranking back then, i think i forgot to post it or something like that)

i'd say that the top legends back when i was still able were...

amongst crusaders.

BloodRayne
Ivy
GodXNero

those were u top 3 crusaders, theyre really hard to kill.

with the champions

i got 2 legends 3 demis.

those were

SpiritReaper.
PushTheTempo.
Sx
Pacap
Trexxx

with the SS'

theres 3

S2
Devious(banned, lmao)
Castiel

with the clerics there were only 2.

SexyJo
Wasabii

with SMs

just honestsama

with Voys

LilTaker

those were the only legends that would actually require a guild effort or requires at least 2 legends to die.

damn it i forgot my point again.

anyways.

the point was, you wont be able to fix the guild pk by recruiting former 69 members or eternal members.

if you really want to.

you start off fresh and new.

new members, new legends, new demis.

compete against the big 3 with the members instead of stealing their members.

it wont be easy cause its a low population server but u do ure best to steal in their members.

dont let former eternals/69 to join in other wise ud have that issue again of

"eternals vs 69 just a different name."

if u really make a guild standing on its own without stealing other members. you'd open another chapter on the PK story.

p.s

ofc, everyone would think ure the enemy! ure stealing their members and wanting a revolution when they've firmly established a 69 vs eternals.

right now, rain and his guild are re-starting 69 just with a new name. you either join eternals or you stand up and get ure own members rather than getting the former allied guilds to join you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:08 am

Everyone is affiliated with a guild some time in the past. What you're talking about is picking out totally new people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:15 am

Updated no opinion-ness of Josu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:05 am

Ashley wrote:Everyone is affiliated with a guild some time in the past. What you're talking about is picking out totally new people.

thats exactly what im talking about.

thats whats needed to be done if you want to raise the third guild.

as an example was the guild NGW.

long before you joined into the server.

there was me and nero who made the guild NGW.

majority of our members were former eternals members.

those who stayed in eternals had SexyJo and honestsama, 69 had ivy and rayne NGW had me and nero.

the problem occured when NGW members went back to eternals because they were all former eternals.

so now, i suppose u can predict what will happen if u keep taking in eternals members.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:11 am

Thanks for sharing.

Back to top Go down

Post by S2 Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:17 am

Devious wrote: so now, i suppose u can predict what will happen if u keep taking in eternals members.

theres only one eternals member which is fin

blaine is --- i dunno he said he'll rejoin lil if he comes back

the rest are demis from promi
S2
S2
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:56 am

Updated.

Back to top Go down