Eternals Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Beta Client Link
Avoiding being stuck / illegal movement EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 10:30 am by [GM]Connor

» OPEN BETA release date
Avoiding being stuck / illegal movement EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 9:04 am by [GM]Connor

» Server News & [DC Recovery]
Avoiding being stuck / illegal movement EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 12:00 pm by [GM]Connor

» Server
Avoiding being stuck / illegal movement EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 8:11 am by Brok3n

» hi ... ?
Avoiding being stuck / illegal movement EmptyWed May 22, 2013 4:05 pm by SexyJo

» Beta registration
Avoiding being stuck / illegal movement EmptyTue May 21, 2013 6:43 am by S2

» Offers for Donation Credits
Avoiding being stuck / illegal movement EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:34 pm by Merlin030512

» Development has begun in full force!
Avoiding being stuck / illegal movement EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:28 pm by Merlin030512

» Is Bso back?
Avoiding being stuck / illegal movement EmptySat May 11, 2013 2:49 pm by Eiko ^^

» Is The Server Down Right Now Or Something???
Avoiding being stuck / illegal movement EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:48 pm by SpiritReaper

» the 72 hrs up?
Avoiding being stuck / illegal movement EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 2:33 pm by Swindler2001

» i found a posible new host GM
Avoiding being stuck / illegal movement EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:45 pm by Merlin030512

» Just wanted to say...
Avoiding being stuck / illegal movement EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:43 pm by Merlin030512

» FTP Server?
Avoiding being stuck / illegal movement EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:15 am by [GM]Connor

» Attention Players Major Annoucenment.
Avoiding being stuck / illegal movement EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:10 am by [Admin]Chris

» the server is down ?
Avoiding being stuck / illegal movement EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:54 am by monkeysman

» I Know A Good Compani For You GM Connor
Avoiding being stuck / illegal movement EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:59 am by SiĀ·Gemuk

» target map cannot be reach
Avoiding being stuck / illegal movement EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:28 pm by Swindler2001

» New host
Avoiding being stuck / illegal movement EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 6:32 pm by [GM]Connor

» Server down Still?
Avoiding being stuck / illegal movement EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 6:00 pm by Swindler2001

Poll
Statistics
We have 2858 registered users
The newest registered user is terrorofssk

Our users have posted a total of 23916 messages in 2924 subjects

Avoiding being stuck / illegal movement

2 posters

Go down

Avoiding being stuck / illegal movement Empty Avoiding being stuck / illegal movement

Post by d0tasbaby Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:29 pm

Fed up to see the stupid little illegal movement request message on your system board?
I found an easy trick to finally get rid of any kind of rollback AND illegal movements. In the last week I tried it, I haven't encountered any of these.

Here's the guide and what a surprise, there's almost nothing to do actually:

Press Escape, or enter the "System" menu in-game.
Go to "Game Settings"
On top of the "Game setting" window, there's a line called "Movement", with two options: Off/On
Turn it Off.
In earlier version this action would have been attached with a little message on system notifying you that you just turned off the "server movement prediction".

So here's what this actually do (based on my opinion and my experiment on this): when server movement prediction is on, no matter what, your character will seem to do what you command it to. But that implies a special case: if you make to much moves on a small duration, either you'll get a "rollback" or in the worst case an illegal movement, which might totally stuck you on the map, without any possibility to use skill, move or use an item.

Whereas if you turn off this movement prediction, you'll be able to see how your character ACTUALLY moves in game. That implies therefore a less smooth moving of your character. But that guarantees at 100% the end of any kind of rollback and illegal movements.

Strongly advise to give a try to this method in all new maps, all mazes, SW/MSW/CA and finally on sea. For some you might see no difference, because most probably some people are more submissible to rollbacks and illegal movements than others. I invite anyone that already had his/her fill with this lag to try this method and eventually adopt it.
d0tasbaby
d0tasbaby
Active Player

Back to top Go down

Avoiding being stuck / illegal movement Empty Re: Avoiding being stuck / illegal movement

Post by rathaloz Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:37 pm

I rarely get this 'illegal movement request'.. everytime I got one, I just press "ins" or sit. thanks for the info.

rathaloz
BSO Fan

Back to top Go down

Avoiding being stuck / illegal movement Empty Re: Avoiding being stuck / illegal movement

Post by d0tasbaby Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:39 am

btw its not just for illegal movement it can also be used when you're character is having a rollback when there is lag xD
d0tasbaby
d0tasbaby
Active Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum